Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Want your Amplify button before you posts?

@ChuckReynolds has graciously allowed me to share this tweak to the Amplify button for WordPress. I don't like having my button at the bottom of my posts. I want it up top where site visitors will actually see it. I mentioned this to Chuck today and he went out and generated a fix for me.



If you already know how to make this change, skip directly to the clip below. If not, here's how to make the change:

1) Log into your server via whatever FTP system you use. (I use WinSCP.)

2) Navigate to the directory with you WP stuff in it.

3) Navigate to wp-content/plugins

4) Open amplify-button.php

5) Make the edit indicated below hint - it is almost at the end of the file) and save the file.



Your button will now be at the top of your posts. If you download a new copy of the plug-in, you will need to make teh edit again. (Unless, of course @egoldstein and crew makes this an option in the next version.)

Amplify’d from forrst.com

Had a friend that wanted her Amplify button (WordPress plugin)
to be before the content instead of after the content
(default).

This is located on line 273: $content = ampbtn_button($content);
Remove / edit that line to be what is located in the code snippet.
Save. Upload.

This hack was done on version 1.0 of the Amplify post found
here: http://amplify.com/goodies/ I don't support the
plugin, talk to Amplify about that but this was just to help out
Kathy.

$content = ampbtn_button('').$content;
Read more at forrst.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment