Thursday, December 30, 2010

Great idea: Create Twitter accounts to act like feed readers!Al

@allison_boyer from #BlogWorld shared an amazing idea this morning: Create a Twitter account that will be used just for feeds. She documents the whole process in the original article, as well as some great ideas for how to use the account for more than just your own interest.



The process she defines is pretty labor intensive, so I doubt I will end up putting it to full use. If someone would automate the process, that would be awesome.



I can see taking this another step further by putting a Twitter stream widget on your #Amplify page (not the one you watch, the one everyone goes to when they read your stuff). That would let you share the people you watch most closely with those who read your posts.



Thoughts?

Amplify’d from www.blogworld.com

How to Turn Twitter into a Feed Reader

I hate feed readers. Always have. Frankly, I just don’t have time to read every single post by every single blogger I like, not even close, so I only log into my feed reader once every day or two. Because I follow so many people, that means that every time I log in, my feed reader shows a billion unread posts. Some days, it looks so daunting to clear ‘em all out, that I just close my browser without reading anything.

I keep TweetDeck running all day though. I thought to myself recently, “Wouldn’t it be great if I could combine Twitter and feeds to make a column just for people’s new blog posts.

I mean, I know a lot  of bloggers out there tweet their links, but they often get lost in the shuffle of conversation. And not everyone has their Twitter account tied to Twitterfeed (or a related service). And some people tweet links to multiple sites, both their own and others, or tweet links from the archives, etc.

It gets confusing. Yet, somehow I don’t think it will work to contact every blogger I like and saying, “Hey, will you create a separate Twitter account JUST for your feed so I can follow that account and put it into a group just for feeds?”

But, duh…I can do this myself. Kind of. With a little hacking (and I use that term losely, because this involves no actual hacking, just ingenuity), you can turn Twitter into a Feed Reader!

Read more at www.blogworld.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment