Monday, December 27, 2010

My favorite and yours made @hardaway's top 10 list

Looking for a list of the best online experiences of 2010? Check out the list from @hardaway. (You will have to click through to see the full list and her comments.)



#Amplify made spot number 8. I love (and use) about half her list (Evernote, Tripit, Amplify, Backupify, and Skype). I am signed up for the ideeli emails, but haven't bought from them (yet).



If I had to put my finger on what I think she has missed, it would have to be:

#Hashable - Introductions via twitter and email. Complete with data and tracking.

#Quora - Ask and answer questions from a wide range of experts. I post answers when I can. I read questions and answers daily. As they grow, they are becoming as much a staple of my life as #Amplify.

#Tungle and #Plancast- Connected calendars online. I an not an active user of Plancast, but I use it to find events that are interesting. I have used Tungle to connect my various calendars for most of the year and really love it.



What are you top online experiences of 2010? Care to share?

Amplify’d from blog.stealthmode.com

My Top 10 Best Online Experiences of 2010

2010: what a difficult year for so many reasons. Too few jobs. Too many social media companies.  Too many mobile apps. The online experience is getting like the supermarket, and makes me yearn for a boutique experience. I want someone to save me some time by selecting their “best of” experiences, so I’m offering you mine in the hope that you will offer me yours. For me, this was a year of sorting through things and finding some that truly work for me.

8) Amplify – here’s a service that has gotten more traction outside Silicon Valley than inside. It’s an all-purpose tool that serves as blogging or micro-blogging platform, clipping service, and Ping.fm-like narrowcaster to social networks of your choice. It also has a bookmarklet so you can share web clippings and a button that helps you share your own site posts. It’s simple, but very powerful.

Read more at blog.stealthmode.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment